Length of pre-retirement course: 1 day or 1/2 day
Summary: To encourage a positive and realistic approach to a financially secure retirement and help delegates make informed choices about their retirement.
Suitability: Anyone, regardless of grade considering retirement within the next three years.
- Changes in your lifestyle and options available to build a new way of life
- Choices you need to make about your occupational pension before you leave
- Where you can expect income from and how it is taxed differently in retirement
- What different savings and investments can do for you
- Why increased life expectancy escalates the dangers of inflation and how to combat it
- How to ensure your estate is passed to your intended beneficiaries
- How to deal with long term care costs and inheritance tax
- Understand your next steps & where you can receive further guidance & advice
Changes to your life style
- What does retirement mean for you?
- What work gives you?
- Changes in the use of your time
- Making the most out of retirement
When can I retire?
- Expenditure in retirement
- Can you afford to retire?
- Changing income needs
State pension & benefits
- State pension ages
- The new state pension
- Other age related benefits
- Defined Benefit schemes
- Defined Contribution schemes
- Retirement ages
- Choices on retirement
- How inflation can erode the value of money
- Life expectancy
Savings & investments
- Income tax
- Personal savings allowance
- Tax free dividend allowance
- Capital gains tax
- Inheritance tax Wills and intestacy
- Lasting Power of attorney
Long term care
To download a copy of the course description, please click below:
For further details please contact email@example.com or contact Training on 0800 019 6076.